Recreation & Senior Services
**NEW Location - 15 Center Street @ The Senior Center
Rick Perrine, Director - Recreation & Senior Services
732-632-8502 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
Wendi Richards, Recreation & Senior Services Program Coordinator
732-632-8524 ~ email@example.com
The Borough of Metuchen Recreation Department sponsors activities and events to enhance the quality of life for Metuchen residents of all ages. Whether it is our popular annual events such as our sports camps, parades, classes and clinics or special one-time events, we strive to ensure residents have a wide variety of recreation programs from which to choose in all seasons.
Registrations and Membership Fees for Recreation Programs/Camps and Municipal Pool are non-refundable
(unless a program is cancelled by Recreation or the service provider), so please make sure your selections are correct before finalizing your registration. Payments are via credit/debit card or eCheck with a transaction fee from the processor.
Mayors' Bike Tour - May 21st
Register with Edison Recreation
Summer Camp registration opens on May 1st, some locations TBD.
Grades are 'rising grades' - what the kids will be in 2023/2024 school year.
Summer Tennis & Multi Sport Camps w/US Sports Institute.
Register directly w/US Sports Institute on their website.
Summer Weekly Tennis & Soccer Clinics.
Click on flier to link over to USSI Website.
Arts Council Events
- May 17th - Marcus & Riza Printup Jazz Quartet, 7-9pm.
Notes about Park Use
- Tennis Court Lights @ Oakland Park - remain off until April 15, 2023.
- Lights on Charles and Myrtle Fields are only acitvated with a permit. To purchase a permit from the Recreation Department - Please CLICK HERE to download a Park/Facility Reservation Application form and send to Recreation at 15 Center Street or firstname.lastname@example.org with all required paperwork. Allow 7 days for the application to be reviewed, availability determined, and fee assessed.
Please CLICK HERE to visit the Recreation & Pool registration website. Registrations and Membership Fees for Recreation Programs/Camps and Municipal Pool are non-refundable (unless a program is cancelled by Recreation or the service provider), so please make sure your selections are correct before finalizing your registration. Payments are via credit/debit card or eCheck with a transaction fee from the processor.
Please CLICK HERE to download a "Main Street Banner Request" form
Please CLICK HERE to download a Park Playing Field Reservation Application form.
For Plaza use inquiries, please CLICK HERE to email the Borough Clerk.
Metuchen Arts Council - www.metuchenartscouncil.com
Programs are independent of Recreation Department, Contact program directly.
Metuchen Baseball and Softball - www.metuchenbbsb.com or email@example.com
Metuchen Soccer Club - www.metuchensoccerclub.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Metuchen Youth Basketball - www.metuchenyouthbasketball.com or Metuchenyouthbasketball@gmail.com
Metuchen Youth Football & Cheer - Website or Metuchenfootballandcheer@gmail.com
Metuchen Grapplers Wrestling Club - Website or email@example.com
Following is a sample of programs and activities sponsored by the Department of Recreation.
- US Sports Year Round Programs
- Bulldog Summer Sports Camps - Girls Basketball, Soccer, Field Hockey, Track & Field
- New for 2023 - Boy's & Girl's Lacrosse Clinic
- STEM & Specialty Summer Camps
- Men's Basketball & Softball
- Daddy-Daughter Date Night
- Mother-Son Bowling Night
- Easter Egg Hunt
- New for 2023 - Kid's Bike Safety Rodeo
- Memorial Day & Winter Parades
- Family Fishing n' Fun
- Halloween Painting Contest
- Pumpkin Painting & Float
- Halloween House Decorating
- Santa Letter Writing
- Santa Calling
- Winter House Decorating
- Family Ice Skating
- Field Hockey Clinic and League